http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/paris-magazine-attack/charlie-hebdo-shooting-12-killed-muhammad-cartoons-magazine-paris-n281266
Friday, January 9, 2015
Print Media in Danger After Attack in France?
By now, the world has heard of the atrocity that occurred two days ago in France. Eight journalists, two police officers, a maintenance worker and a visitor were killed in the attack on the Paris newspaper that had offensive cartoons of the Muslim Prophet, Muhammad. After the terrorist attack on the newspaper that had been threatened many times before, will print media become more restricted?
"'No barbaric act will ever extinguish the freedom of the press," the French president said in a tweet. "We are a united country.'"
Clearly, the French president isn't changing his mind soon, even after the stubbornness caused 12 deaths.
I believe that the whole world is going to be a little more careful about what they post or print, due to this eye opening event. I hope only the best for everyone in France, and for print media overall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I had recently read an article on this topic and how some people believe that there should be restrictions on the first amendment. I disagree because I believe in the freedom of press but I do think that the people in charge of the cartoon should have to face consequences for posting insensitive material.
ReplyDelete