Friday, January 30, 2015

Super Bowl Hype

On Sunday, February 1st at 6:30pm on NBC, the NFL Super Bowl XLIX (49 for those of you just as confused by Roman numerals as I am) at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona the New England Patriots will play the Seattle Seahawks. Being a Packers fan myself (thanks to my best friend dragging me into the madness several years ago), I lost interest in the Super Bowl when the Packers lost to the Seahawks. As much as I try to be excited for the game, it's just not the same knowing we were so close but lost in an overtime after being tied and the Seahawks getting a touchdown. The whole point of this story is that the Super Bowl is literally being shoved down mine and everyone else's throats and quite frankly it makes me NOT want to watch it! The opposite effect that they're trying to get with all the promoting and advertisements. I've seen it all over the news on TV, ads on websites, and the radio. Seems like all media can focus on now is the Super Bowl when other more important things are happening in the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment